Sunday, January 29, 2012

3 Inches

I was watching 'Sex and the City' with my mom the other night, and Carrie Bradshaw said (in voice-over): "If I weren't perpetually 15 minutes late, I would be a completely different person."

I've often wondered how different my life would be if I were 3 inches taller. Would I be a completely different person? More confident? Successful? Stronger?

Why, you ask me, would I wonder this crazy idea? Well, I'm short, and I often theorize that because of it, people do not take me seriously (or expect big ideas from such a small person). So, I had a dream that I was just 3 inches taller, and believe me, I was a completely different person.

I was at eye-level with every person I encountered in my daily routine, I was more confident, and ultimately felt more successful because of how people reacted to me.

In reality, if I wore my tallest heels every day I would in fact be just right, but how real would that personality be if I were always thinking about how much pain I could feel in my feet and tending to blisters at the end of each workday?

I guess I could always look to date a guy exactly my height and not think twice about my height, so maybe that's something to consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment