Thursday, August 30, 2012

The list, in order

I've always been a list person when it comes to my consistent tasks. I like lists, I respond well to them. Until I realized that my list-making skill was only used when the tasks had piled up and I NEEDed to get things done.

I had recently finished listening to S. Michael Wilcox's 'House of' series about the Temple, and the fourth installment was called 'House of Order.' He spoke about how when things are in order, you don't get distracted by the clutter or feel like everything is too much.

At work, I'm incredibly organized. I have a master calendar, a to-do list, and projects to occupy my down-town.

At home, I'm lacking, as am I in Church sometimes.

Therefore, I made my own personal chore chart so that I can be accountable for what I'm doing and not doing in my home. I've also put myself on a scripture study schedule, to which one hour each night.

I've began keeping a journal to help encourage my scripture study, and I'm hoping to improve my spiritual health with consistency.

We will see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment