Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dream Roles

The other day at work, Katie and I were chatting about musicals, and I was suddenly inspired to make a list of every broadway role I would love to play. Here is my list:

Nina Rosario, In the Heights
Velma Kelly, Chicago
Glinda, Wicked
Ariel, The Little Mermaid
Amneris, Aida
Rizzo, Grease
Amber Von Tussle, Hairspray
Sherry Christian, Rock of Ages

My favorite character songs for each are:

"Breathe," and "Everything I Know" from In the Heights
"All That Jazz," and "Cell Block Tango" from Chicago
"Popular," and "Thank Goodness" from Wicked
"Part of Your World," and "If Only" from The Little Mermaid
"Every Story is a Love Story," and "A Step Too Far" from Aida
"Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee," and "There Are Worse Things I Could Do" from Grease
"The New Girl In Town," and "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" from Hairspray
"Every Rose Has It's Thorns," and "Don't Stop Believin'" from Rock of Ages

Hey, a girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment