Sunday, April 7, 2013

First weekend out!

My first weekend after moving out was very laid back.

Friday:

I made my menus for the next 2 weeks and went grocery shopping. I did pretty well, considering I only spent $35 and most of my frequented items were on sale. However, before I went grocery shopping, I took to Greywhale Entertainment for a bit of DVD perusing. I was victorious. I got 6 DVDs (The Addams Family, My Sister's Keeper, Definitely Maybe, What Happens in Vegas, The Producers, and When Harry Met Sally) all for $13.

Saturday:

I hit up a yard sale a few blocks up (at my colleague Mayumi's house) and got a wonderful inspirational mini poster about Hope, a mat for sushi-making, and a gift for Adam (a picture frame from DisneyWorld with every Mickey Mouse in history on it). I also went for a nice 3mile walk before returning home to shower and do laundry, and spend the day lounging around watching Gossip Girl on Netflix.

Sunday:

Going on a 6mile walk to the cemetery and back to visit Bubby's grave, all the while chugging a delicious protein smoothie. While on my walk, Mom called to say that she would be coming up for some mother-daughter time. She brought me a baked potato and a chocolate shake for lunch. We made our way over to the Dunn's for a nice visit with the kids and the dog.

Overall, not a bad weekend. I realize that I won't be able to spend all of my weekends lounging around watching Gossip Girl, but it was nice to have some 'me' time

No comments:

Post a Comment