Saturday, May 25, 2013

Institute Class

I finally went to my institute class for the summer, so technically I only missed the first class because I was otherwise dying from my severe allergic reaction to the high pollen-count trees.

The lesson was about setting goals and time-management. Here are my notes:

"Be faithful, spiritual, and confident."

"A goal not written is just a wish."

"We must consciously select our goals, or they may not be of our own choosing."

"Success doesn't come by accident."

"No goals = No direction."

"There is a difference between being busy and being productive."


I really looked at these notes and decided that as organized and goal-oriented as I am, there are certain areas of my life that seriously need some goals assigned, both the short-term and the long-term.

Basically, I'm fashioning my short term goals in a similar style of my piano lessons. A weekly goal and a yearly goal. The two areas  I'm working on are dating and fitness. I will power walk 10 miles a week until the end of June to help me get ready for my 5k in July. I will also attempt to go on 2 dates a month. I'm not quite sure what long-term goal, other than eventually getting married.

Anyway, way to go Institute!

No comments:

Post a Comment