Thursday, July 2, 2015

A missing piece

I'd never really had an interest in family history until Sam and I started dating. It was one of his big hobbies, but his church calling had made it a challenge to get any work done. Back in February, he decided that we needed to go to the Family History Museum for a date, and I began to build my family tree. I knew I would have some roadblocks on my maternal grandmother's side of the family, but I didn't realize just how many I'd come across.

My grandmother's grandparents were David Freedman and Rachel Segal. They were born in 1868 and 1878, respectively, and immigrated to the United States in 1902 from Romania on a ship called Haverford.

They had five children: Carl, Bennie, Louis, Adelia, and Bernard. The first three were born in Romania and came over on the ship, but my great-grandmother Adelia was the first child born in the United States.

I can't seem to get much information beyond their immigration document. I don't know when David & Rachel married (or where), where they lived, who their parents were, etc.

I'm determined to find it though.

I want to know where I come from.

I want to find the missing piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment