Thursday, January 24, 2019

Last call...

I've spent many a night thinking about my life and the direction in which I'm heading. It happens a lot lately because I have a teething toddler who likes to wake in the middle the night for bottles and snuggles. Even though my sweet husband takes those nighttime feeding shifts as of late, it doesn't stop me from waking up and being unable to fall asleep.

Those are the moments where I keep replaying the last decade of my life and wondering if I wasted my twenties. Responsible to a fault, fiscally conservative, etc. That is me in a nutshell. I had the sinking feeling that I don't ever have fun.

Having Charlie brought on an entirely new set of responsibilities that perhaps I wasn't entirely aware. More specifically, this tiny human prefers me to anything and nearly everyone. Sometimes Daddy just isn't enough. That's a tough emotional burden for me to carry, especially because sometimes I just don't have anything left of myself to give to him.

While I try to convince myself that I did not waste my twenties, I am thinking "what can I do to make sure I haven't?"

I never traveled, not really. Certainly not out of the country, and only a small handful of times by myself.

The solution was clear.

Europe.

Cruising Europe.

Sam was onboard, so we began making plans.

We found a cruise that started and ended in Rome, while visiting France and Spain along the way.

I still can't believe it's finally happening!

While I don't really believe I missed out on "fun" during my young adulthood, I do believe this year I am making up for lost times.

I'm positive that when I do turn 30 later this year, I will do so knowing that I made the most of this time. That I'm sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment