Wednesday, March 27, 2019

the price you pay

Lately I've spent many hours appraising my time. Additionally, I've spent time grumbling about losing my hour of sleep after daylight savings time happened.

In the midst of my pondering and grumblings, I crossed into the realization that time is the price we pay for happiness.

Time is a like currency, and needs to be invested wisely.

Now that I've stopped giving away my time, I'm reevaluating my investments.

My conclusion is that I need to invest more in myself.

I promised myself I would choose three things that I love that are just for me, and put more time towards those activities.

First up, writing.

I started writing the sequel to my novel, and I have to say that I am loving developing this story. It wasn't what I originally pictured when I thought about continuing the story, but so far I am loving the direction it is heading toward.

Secondly, restorative yoga.

I love yoga, and now that my kickboxing studio offer restorative yoga I decided to try the class. Restorative yoga is more like meditation coupled with stretching, but I've been doing it for three weeks now and I'm hooked.

Third, temple work.

I love the temple, and I adore going to the temple to perform ordinances. I've been doing family history for four years now, and there is so much work to be done. I've made temple dates with my friends, traded childcare with neighbors so we can all go to the temple more, etc.

I think that investing more in this little trifecta of interests will be a great way to keep myself in check. I want to get reacquainted with my best self, the version of myself that I spent countless hours looking for while I was in graduate school.

Recently, I decided to be bold and make a pretty big change.

I cut all of my hair off into a pixie cut to get out of my comfort zone.

I'm kind of amazed at how little I care about my hair now. I'm loving the low-maintenance of my cut, and even moreso loving how surprised I am when I look in the mirror. I guess I don't feel the need to look in the mirror as often now.

There is a price for everything, we all pay.

Double-check your price tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment