Saturday, July 23, 2011

Washington D.C. Update

As of Thursday (July 21, 2011), I am an official intern for the Dwight D. Eisenhower Memorial Commission. I received my official intern acceptance letter from Gen. Reddell congratulating me on joining the staff beginning August 22, 2011 and concluding December 16, 2011.

It's all so exciting, my flight leaves on Saturday the 20th at 9:46am. The sad part is going to be saying goodbye to my adorable little cousins (Max 4, Kate 2). I leave right after Kate's 3rd birthday, and unfortunately will miss Max's 5th :( He has already requested/demanded that I Skype him on a daily basis, but I convinced him that a weekly basis will be just as good.

At the moment my mind is otherwise occupied with finishing my summer class, moving out of my apartment and back home, finishing my SRC internship, and giving my notice at the Development Office.

D.C. Countdown is at exactly 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment