Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Spa Day

Work hasn't necessarily been kicking my butt lately, but I've had a few emotional meltdowns in the last month or so that left me in dire need of a day of pampering.

I looked up the spa menu for Skinworks (a really neat esthetics school on 2100 South) and after a few hours of deliberating, I decided to do a body contour wrap. Mere minutes before I called to make the appointment, I realized just what nasty-looking shape my feet were in, therefore I booked the wrap and a hot stone pedicure.

So, I arrived this morning, checked in with my awesome technician, Tessa, and had quite the experience! First up was the pedicure. I'd never had a hot stone pedicure before, but it was only $5 more than the regular pedicure so I figured it was worth the splurge. It was :)

On to the body wrap; it was such a crazy experience (it would have been awkward if Tessa and I hadn't already bonded during the pedicure). First, you strip down to your skivvys, and they rub you with an exfoliant. Then they slather you with the contour cream before they completely wrap you in plastic wrap. Let me tell you, it is not very easy to lay down from a standing position when you cannot bend your arms or legs, LOL.


Tessa was great though, she gave me a facial  during the wrap so I wouldn't have to lay on the table doing nothing for 45min. Needless to say, she and I got along great, and I definitely think I will work with her again later this summer when it's time for another spa day.

No comments:

Post a Comment