Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Silver Lining

We all have trials, and we all struggle.

That is something that is missing from the social media world that we all choose to live in. We write positive and upbeat posts about our lives, omitting the details that highlight the problems we're having. But then there are others who are perfectly comfortable airing their "dirty laundry" on the web. Personally, I see those posts and think TMI. My heart aches for those who are struggling, but unfortunately there really isn't a lot I can do for them.

There is a fine line between pretending to be perfect, and simply choosing to share only the good things. I don't want to dwell on the crappy things, which is why I post about the positive things. So, consider this my gratitude list for the week, or my silver lining list.

I am grateful for...

...my friends.
Each one of them helps me in some way, be it creatively, intellectually, religiously, professionally, or emotionally. I'm not the kind of person that has a massive army of friends (although I do have fans, don't get me wrong), but every person who chooses to be a part of my life is very much valued.

...my cousins.
Not just my little cousins, but my cousins who are ten years older, twenty years older, etc. It is so nice to be able to use social media to keep up with everybody, and share happy news and plan get-togethers. I love them all so much!

...my creativity.
I am so thankful that I was blessed with the gift of the written word. Words are my art, and every time I am inspired with a new literary idea, I absolutely must write it down. I find inspiration in the most random of places.

...my ambition.
Without this drive to succeed and learn and grow, I never would have become an actual artist. I can barely remember what I did with my free time before someone showed my how to use a paint brush and mix a new color. My art graces the walls of my work and home spaces, so I am always reminded of the risk I took.

...Sam.
I really shouldn't have to go into detail for this one, but I'll say a little bit. I'm so happy to be with someone who is a friend first and a boyfriend second. He is wonderful, and he looks out for me.

So you see, I have much to be grateful for, and I certainly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment