Wednesday, December 10, 2014

MACL*601 is over!

Commence with the celebrating, because not only am I finished with MACL*601, that also means my first semester of my graduate program is complete!

So, I know I've posted about my other two classes, but this one is special because these people are my cohort; and sadly, next month, our cohort splits up to accommodate the different tracks that we are on (international track vs. comprehensive/arts and culture).

I LOVED this class. I loved everything that we talked about, I loved the friends I made, and I love that we all want to try and save the world one step at a time. They are such an amazing group of people, and I'm over the moon that I get to learn with them.

What we learned:
  • How to determine root causes
  • The proper way to cite APA style
  • How to prepare enough food for 30
  • What it means to participate in the 'Sharing Circle'
  • The sound of a rain stick means it's Peggy's turn to talk
  • There are two kinds of people: those who save the world, and those who run the world
  • How to make a causes map
  • How to make a 'pretty' causes map
  • Reframing pop and rap songs can be very fun
  • Our cohort Facebook Group is more like our own personal public forum
  • These are the friends we've been waiting our whole lives to meet!



Carly, Me and Melinda

Megan and Me

Me, Danielle and Rachel

Me and Jana (my newest favorite person in the world!) 

Me and Hannah

Me and Kira (she was my orientation buddy)

Me and Claudia (one of my other favorite people)

See you all next semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment