Sunday, December 7, 2014

'Twas the night before my birthday...

It was the night before my 25th birthday, and I all I could think about were my grades, cheese fries, cupcakes, and paint.

I was excited.

My birthday is the one day out of the year where people lavish me with attention and I can just absorb it without worrying if I'm being humble. It's a day full of hugs, praise, cards, and cupcakes.

Wow. 25 years. That's more than a quarter of the average person's lifespan. Since I've already decided that my life will end at 98, technically my quarter-life began six months ago at 24 1/2.

I end this chapter of my life knowing the following:


  • Pick friends who share your interests, but don't forget to spend time with others who can help you learn new things
  • Wash your bed sheets every two weeks
  • Get a pedicure every three months, you deserve it
  • Pick an artistic hobby and pursue it
  • Find some form of exercise that is fun
  • There is a difference between a good kiss and a not good kiss
  • Rent your textbooks, unless you absolutely want to own the book
  • Take lots of pictures
  • Sing random songs
  • If you're not interested in dating someone, just tell them
  • Decide who you want in your life, be nice to them, and enjoy your time with them
  • Say thank you whenever someone opens the door for you
  • Smile when you're happy
  • Tell people that you love them
I hope you appreciate this shortlist of wisdom from a soon-to-be Quarter Lifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment