Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Learning to lead vs. Actually leading

So registration happened last week, and I learned a valuable lesson about what it really means to be a leader.

You know, learning about leadership in the classroom and then actually being thrown into a situation where I am the leader are two completely different things.

My insecurities practically drowned me as we muddled through the first day, by the time Monday was over, I was convinced that this job might be too large for me.

By the time we got to Friday, I was singing a different tune. Nothing could drag me down!

Then Monday happened, and I was back to feeling very much like intro Andie from Devil Wears Prada.

I guess I never thought that learning to learn would feel like such a challenge. I guess I have a lot of growing to do.

As a leader, I'm evaluating the needs of my space and the resources my bees bring to the table. It all seems like a bit of a puzzle right now, but I'm sure I'll get there.

Two days later, my perspective has changed yet again.

I guess part of being a leader is to be constantly evolving and always learning.

I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment