Tuesday, August 2, 2016

A Few Seconds of Summer

Let me start by saying how I love the band 5 Seconds of Summer.

I never really understood the real meaning of the name until today. I sat at my desk and listened to the quietness of an empty school, and imagined what it would be like in three weeks when the kids would come back and the new year would start.

It suddenly dawned on me that it was August!

No.

It couldn't be.

Summer couldn't be coming to a close.

Graduation was just yesterday!

Regardless of my mental protests, I came to terms with the fact that summer was ending soon and I was trying to grasp at the last few seconds I had left of that quiet summertime feeling.

What happened to summer?

After thinking about it, I realized that mine hadn't gone by fast, but instead had been a summary of events that came and went in chunks of time.

For starters, I had three weeks of working at Westminster in between graduation and the Elmer family Hawaii trip. The day after we got back I started my new job and promptly worked part time for another three weeks before heading back east to visit the Dunn family for another two weeks. The day after I returned I began house hunting, and found a house I wanted. This week will mark four weeks since I came home from the east coast, and we are under contract for our house and signing an endless supply of paperwork.

I feel like I've done nothing and everything since May, but I'm sure I'm not the only one!

No comments:

Post a Comment