Friday, May 26, 2017

How it all began...

...is still one of my favorite stories.

I remember the day I realized that Sam was special. It was something in his smile that just made me feel happy whenever I was around him. We were at church on a Sunday in October 2014. He sweetly smiled as we snapped our first selfie, and we went out on our first date a few weeks later.


The day I became his girlfriend was January 21, 2015. We were going down to BYU for the Divine Comedy Alumni Show (only so we could see the cast of Studio C), and he said that his roommates were asking about his girlfriend. "Oh, so am I your girlfriend?" "I'm not opposed to it."



Our friendly relationship continued to blossom, and he proposed to me on April 25th, 2015. We were at the opera, and my phone died shortly after I posted our engagement selfie to Facebook. Good thing too, because my phone was flooded with texts the next time I turned it on.


 I married my sweetheart on July 18, 2015 in the Bountiful Temple in front of a plethora of family and friends, and fondly look back on the photos of that amazing day. The details blur together every now and then, but the feelings are pretty memorable.


Sam was my rock as I worked a job I didn't particularly care for so I could finish my Master's degree, and then gave me routine pep talks as I spent six weeks interviewing for different jobs. After a fun family vacation with his side of the family and starting a new job that freed up my summer time, I began house-hunting so we could get out of our apartment.


We found our castle... 


...and adopted a Princess!


Now, as we approach our second anniversary this summer, we realized that there is only one thing that could make our fairytale even better.


Coming December 2017!

No comments:

Post a Comment