Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I think I'm really good at...

...giving people pep talks when they are feeling low.

Ironically, this is something I wish I could do for myself. I've been pretty down lately, mostly because I've felt under the weather for about a week.

Regardless, I'm really good at giving pep talks; I think it's because I'm really good at pointing out all the positive elements in any given situation in which I am not at the center.

I actually shared this with A (my Little Sister from BBBS) last night at the end-of-year social. I can tell someone's goodness and know for an absolute fact that they are capable of doing amazing things.

So I guess you can say bringing people up is something I am really good at, especially because what I have to say is always sincere.

It can be challenging when I myself and feeling low, mostly because I tend to get more irrupted than usual and angrily point out someones strength and unintentionally compare us to prove that I am less than. But I think I've gotten good at reminding myself that when I give these talks, it is about them and not me.

I myself have needed several pep talks lately, and lucky for me Sam always pulls through with what I need. Mostly he sends me late night texts that I get in the morning when I turn my phone back on. I definitely got a good one, I can't believe we've been together for over two years!

So, what is something you think you are good? What is a hidden talent you think makes you special?

No comments:

Post a Comment