Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Life with Baby: Week 1

In the short time we've had with Charlie, we have learned so much. Well, to be fair, most of it I already knew but now others are confirming my wisdom.

Being a kicker
  • He has long toes and really puts up a fight when it comes to diaper changes, although I believe he does that because it is cold.
  • I already knew this because I spent 7 weeks with his heel consistently jabbing me in the right side of my torso.
Grandpa's bestie
  • My dad is in love with this kid, and I'm thrilled because I had a sneaking suspicion that they would be closest out of the grandparents.
  • Dad told me he was beaming when he met his grandson for the first time.
  • Plus, Charlie has shifty eyes when he's alert and makes a face that I've seen my dad make often.
Blonde hair and not-so-blue eyes
  • I hoped and prayed that he would have hair like mine, but many people assured me that he would end up being dark like his daddy.
  • His eyes are also darkening a bit, so he very well may have brown/green eyes like me
Alert Snuggle-Bug
  • He is only awake two or three times a day, but when he's awake he is alert and observant. 
  • But the rest of the time, he is happy to snuggle with whomever is holding him. He's taken many naps with Mama, Daddy, and Nana the last week.
En Route to be a Super Pooper
  • Charlie was a bit jaundiced when we brought him home because he wasn't pooping, which made me stress about whether or not he was getting enough milk.
  • His billirueben levels have stabilized since my milk came in, and he poops more and more every day.
  • He practically has jet-propulsion in his shorts because he is such a master farter!



No comments:

Post a Comment