Thursday, December 21, 2017

Life with Baby: Week 2

I can't believe my little bubula is two weeks old!!

This week was a big one for our little guy, we went to the following places:

  • Visiting my parents at their house
  • Visiting the Smart's 
  • Shopping at Target
  • Going out to eat with Sam's parents at Hires
  • Attending the annual cookie exchange with Aunt Nichole's side of the family
  • Meeting Santa Claus at said cookie exchange
  • Stopping by work to show off the baby

We also went to the doctor's to get Charlie's weight checked, he is up 2.5 oz since we were discharged from the hospital! I worried that my milk wouldn't be enough for him (Mom had supply issues with me), but he seems to be doing okay for now.

At his 2nd doctor's appointment this week, we learned he had lost half an ounce but had grown 1.2 inches. My new goal is to focus on his nursing and do my best to help him gain more weight. We have another weight check later this week, so fingers crossed! In the meantime, we had an appointment with a lactation consultant to help me. Turns out Charlie boy had a classic tongue-tie that was making it really hard for him to latch properly. Our consultant sent us to a pediatrician who was able to clip the tie within the hour. He is doing much better now in regard to nursing.

His skin is also dry because of the cold, so I picked up a tub of Eucerin to help him combat the issue. His umbilical cord stump fell off earlier this week, and we gave him another bath to help clean him up a bit more. He is so much work!

Charlie likes to ride in the car, so taking him on all these little outings was nice. Usually the ride will put him right to sleep. He's a pretty good baby most of the time :)








No comments:

Post a Comment