Sunday, December 3, 2017

Early Birthday Festivities

Since my birthday is smack dab in the days leading up to my due date, I made the executive decision that I couldn't plan anything too far in advance.

I will be 28 on Friday the 8th, and the best birthday gift would be having my baby in my arms by then. Usually I'm a stickler for making a big deal about birthdays (especially because mine is so close to Christmas), but this year I am forced to be flexible.

We went to $5 days at the Utah Museum of Natural History so that we could see the Vikings exhibit, and then out to lunch at my favorite restaurant (The Dodo in Sugarhouse). This was definitely not how I thought I would be spending my Saturday this week (I thought for sure the baby would come), but it was nice nonetheless. By the time we were in for the night, I had walked 5.27 miles and had a total of 85 active minutes. Call me crazy for wishing for contractions, but honestly, the time has come for this pregnancy to conclude.

All I have left to do is pack my hospital bag, and I don't know why I'm dragging my feet. Perhaps I will take care of it when I'm finished writing this post.

Regardless, Sam told me that if I am in the hospital on my actual birthday, he will throw me a party :)

Speaking of birthday parties, it was baby Matthew's 1st birthday party last night. As much as I wanted to have the baby yesterday, I don't want to miss his party. I never would have guessed that when he was born a year ago, I would be in this particular situation by the time he turned one.

He and Charlie will be one year apart almost to the day!

In the meantime, I'm waiting for signs of labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment