Tuesday, March 20, 2018

How I think of thee, my tiny human

Dear Charlie,

I've been back at work for a whole month, and I wanted to tell you just how often I think about you.

When I'm driving to work and I'm singing to the radio, I think of how one day we will sing along together. I wonder if you'll appreciate my variety of musical tastes or if you will prefer a more eclectic selection. Also, will you make fun of me when I sing "Can't Stop the Feeling" by Justin Timberlake?

Throughout the day I have to slip away to pump my milk so that you can have as many fresh bottles as possible the next day. I look forward to our nursing dates at 2am and at 4:30pm. My early mornings consist of preparing your bottles and anything else you might need.

When people ask about you, I immediately pull out my phone to show off my most recent collection of baby pics and videos. You laughed this week and I got it on film!

You've also started to outgrow your 0-3 month clothes, and that makes me sad. It's amazing that you are growing so much and how much you are changing week to week.

Today I began to wonder when you would be ready to eat solid foods. I also started to wonder how many more weeks we had left before you officially fit in to size 2 diapers.

I guess I want you to know that you dominate my thoughts throughout the day. My favorite part of the day is coming home to play with you and to kiss your sweet rosy cheeks. My next favorite part is rocking you to sleep and savoring the few minutes of watching you start your trek through dreamland. I especially enjoy watching your little mouth as you sleep, you must be dreaming about eating or something like that.

Mama loves you, sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment