Friday, June 22, 2018

Figuring it out

Dear Charlie,

It's been one whole week since my contract ended and I've been spending almost all of my time with you. I appreciate your 8hr sleep stretches at night, especially when my alarm goes off at 5am every other day so I can go to kickboxing class.

I don't appreciate your sudden urge to chew on me when your are nursing. Unfortunately, since you don't want to stop hurting me, you've lost your nursing privileges. Since you now get bottles 90% of the time, you get to stare at me with your brilliant hazel eyes while you eat.

You had surgery to correct your hypospadias last week, and you are recovering beautifully. The only drawback has been your inability to sit in your exer-saucer which has left you super frustrated with the excess of floor time. On the other hand, you've mastered the backward scoot, which means you will most likely be crawling by August.

I keep trying to come up with activities to break up our summer, but you just aren't quite ready for many of them yet. Regardless, we are going to the zoo next week and Nana is also coming to visit.

I'm still trying to figure out this whole "mom" thing. Be patient with me and I will try to have patience with you.

Mama loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment