Saturday, June 30, 2018

Summer, so far

I've been trying to keep my days balanced with fun activities for me and the baby, as well as making time to recharge. So far I think I'm okay, but I started to struggle at that two week mark.

We've spent a lot of time visiting my parents, we've gone to school a few times to drop in on Summer School, and had a few outings.

Max and Kate are in town, so on Monday we got to have a visit. I can't believe how big they are! It feels like it was just yesterday that they were Charlie's age. Where does the time go?

On Tuesday we went to Hogle Zoo for their Parent's Empowered Day with my friend Ellen and her grandkids. We tried to go early enough in the day to beat the heat, but it was the hottest day of the summer so far. Charlie still enjoyed looking around at all the different animals. I'm sure that he will appreciate it more next year.

While we were at the zoo, we ran into cousin Kelsey and her girls. I love it when that happens :) We also made plans to get together on Thursday with her sisters and their kiddos. We had monte cristo sandwiches for lunch, and Charlie got to play with Lily and Seth while Kait and Anya took the rest of the crew to the nearby park.

Bob and Lisa also came to town this week for a quick visit. We surprised Bob with tickets for the Playhouse for his birthday. We are getting ready for our family reunion in a few weeks, and we are super excited to get together with Lisa's side of the family.


Max, Kate, and Charlie

Charlie and Ellen

We rode the carousel at the zoo

A red panda

The polar bear, who took a huge interest in licking the glass from where we were watching

Running into Kelsey

Visiting Grandpa

Nana kisses

Law & Disorder show at the Desert Star Playhouse

Bob teaching Charlie how to drive (not really!)

No comments:

Post a Comment