Saturday, February 18, 2012

3 Reasons...

... Why I will name my first daughter Rachel.

1. That was my Bubby's name. She was the strongest, most accomplished, popular person I'd ever known. I could only hope that my future daughter would have all the same strengths and determined personality that she had. Including a love of hats and a desire to attend musicals with me.
Bubby with the Scar statue outside of the Mandalay Bay Theatre for the Lion King in Las Vegas.

2. I <3 Rachel Berry on Glee. I would hope my daughter would have the desire to sing, and sing passionately (fingers crossed that none of my children will be tone-deaf).

3. Rachel McAdams is my favorite actress. I loved her in The Notebook, Mean Girls, and The Vow (among others), but seriously, The Notebook is my favorite movie (three-way tie with Titanic and Gone With The Wind). Her character was educated, beautiful, and had a fire in her heart. Plus, true love conquers all!


All right, future Rachel (aka the Mini-Linz), you have some mighty high expectations to live up to, but fret not my darling, I will do my very best to set the most accurate depiction of example.

No comments:

Post a Comment