Saturday, February 18, 2012

Reception Reunions!

Hooray for weddings! It means you get to see all your old friends :) Ever since high school, I rarely attended weddings or anything mission-related, however, since my DC adventures ended I decided to change my pattern.

Since my return, I have attended 2 homecomings and 2 receptions. First was Kari's homecoming in December, second was Carolyn's reception at the start of January, third was Elise's homecoming mid-January, and today was Cami's reception.

Let me tell you, as I waited for familiar faces to arrive tonight, I had the irrational fear that none of the girls from high school would remember me. Warped, am I right? My fears were for nothing, because they all remembered me!

The highlight: seeing Emma! Not that I wasn't completely ecstatic to see Kari and Elise, but I haven't had a chance to chat with the Ems since Carolyn's wedding dinner. I also get to see Sarah, Amanda, and Chelsey. I would say it was nice to see Hannah, but apparently she's so scared of me she literally ran away when I stood next to her to refill my water cup. Whatever, people do what they want to do.

Regardless, it was an amazing reunion filled with good conversations and desserts. And Cake! Let us not forget about the cake!

I asked Elise to take a shot of me and Kari, so she shot herself first. We cracked up! Which produced the smiles for...

... this picture. 
Her method threw me off, but it worked, and I realized that she is in fact a photographical genius. 
Way to go Lisey!!

Me and the Emster, 
I won't lie and say that knowing that she was coming didn't heavily influence my decision to officially attend the reception. I'm so very glad I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment