Saturday, February 1, 2014

Grief in Music

I'm not an outwardly emotional person.

I'm outwardly logical and inwardly emotion.

When things don't make sense to me, I have a hard time logisticizing (is this even a word?) and grasping the concepts in order to gain closure. I ask questions, I obsess, and when it doesn't go my way, I grieve.

I'm sure that people across the board just assume that I'm difficult, dramatic, and desperate for attention.

I think they're wrong.

My process is unique, as everybody else's is, I'm sure.

I recently decided to refine my process to cope with the sudden onset of stinging heartache, and stumbled upon my long-lost passion for music of the Country genre. While many expect a little blonde chick like me to live by Disney songs with a few Broadway tunes thrown into the mix, my collection of artists is a tad more robust.

Ergo, here is a small except of my new Grieving Playlist:

Denial/Isolation

  • "Grenade" - Bruno Mars
  • "Let It Go" - Idina Menzel
  • "Does He Love You"- Reba McEntire & Linda Davis

Anger

  • "Forget You" - Ceelo Green
  • "Heartless" - Kanye West
  • "White America" - Eminem

Bargaining

  • "Human" - Christina Perri
  • "My Immortal" - Evanescence 
  • "If This Was A Movie" - Taylor Swift

Depression

  • "For My Broken Heart" - Reba McEntire
  • "With Me" - Sum 41
  • "What Hurts The Most" - Rascal Flatts

Acceptance

  • "Someone Like You" - Adele
  • "Let Me Let Go" - Faith Hill & Tim McGraw
  • "I Don't Wanna Be" - Gavin Degraw


No comments:

Post a Comment