Wednesday, June 11, 2014

...because I'm happy

Usually I try not to let a certain song represent my life, only because I think it is so cliché. Although, I'm willing to make an exception right now.

I'm happy.

Not just tra-la-la happy, but genuinely oh-my-gosh who-deserves-all-this-awesomeness kind of happy.

I have a job whose title I love, and responsibilities that I relish.

I not only got into the MACL program at Westminster, and my U of U  ELP credits all transferred in (6 down, 29 to go!).

I have a great group of friends who are off having their own amazing adventures that I get to hear all about.

I fulfilled my secret dream of becoming an artist, at some point I may end up spending more money on canvases than on DVDs (if you can believe it).

I just finished a complete draft of my novel Lindsey, Not Perfect and have already been inspired top write 4 companion novels.

I have a wonderful boyfriend who is seriously becoming one of my best friends.

My friend Emma and I are going to see The Last Five Years this week at the Babcock Theatre.

Meredith and I are going to see The Little Mermaid at Tuacahn in St. George this weekend!

So, back to the song. See the lyrics below:

Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you know what happiness is to you
Because I’m happy
Clap along if you feel like that’s what you wanna do

No comments:

Post a Comment