Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer of Reading: Something Borrowed

This week, I read Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin.

I loved the film, mostly because the cast was great and I just love Ginnifer Goodwin.

The novel is good too! I love the narrative style of Rachel, how she is more about telling the tale via her inner monologues than with the spoken dialogue. I think it is great at capturing how even though we love our friends, sometimes they aren't good for us in several different ways.

My favorite part of the book was when Rachel realizes the little things about herself that are different from her friend Darcy, but how they are things that are good because of the differences.

The film follows the novel well, with the exception of a few small details, but I would recommend this book to anyone who has ever had issues with their best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment