Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summer of Reading: Ask For It

This week, I read Ask for It: How woman can use the power of negotiation to get what they really want by Linda Babcock and Sara Laschever.
This book was AMAZING!! I think every woman should read this book in their twenties, preferably as they are finishing college and trying to pursue full-time employment.


What Do I Need?
Likeable colleagues
Power and responsibility
Flexibility
Opportunities to learn more

What I Really Want


 What kinds of goals should I have?

Personal, Financial, Athletic, Hobby-related 

Self improvement, Material, Philanthropic, and Political


Now that I have a clear idea of the kinds of goals I should make, I made a list (of course!):

Personal- Read more books (check out the posts on A Summer of Reading)
Financial- Up my credit limit to $1000
Athletic- Complete in 10k
Hobby related- Finish a draft of my novel
Self improvement- Stop using the word 'should,' because it has no indication that a situation is changing
Material-Purchase good quality art supplies (brush set, acrylic paints)
Philanthropic- Donate to Westminster College's giving campaign that goes towards student scholarships
Political- Read Political Cornflakes everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment