Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Men's T-shirts

Let me start by saying that shopping for me is NOT fun!

Nothing ever fits right, and I always walk away feeling really crappy about my appearance. This past weekend, I went to Target with a friend in hopes of buying a few new t-shirts for work/school. As I browsed through the Ladies section, I realized that it wasn't worth it. Not only were the shirts almost $20 each, they were paper thin! I believe one of the styles was called 'tissue thin t-shirt.' It also looked like I would need a Large size if I wanted it to fit properly without showing my womb.

No offense fashion industry, but I'm willing to bet that if the material is paper thin, you can probably see right through it. This is NOT a modesty post, this is a comfort post.

I am uncomfortable wearing t-shirts that feel too low-cut, in addition to the sleeves feeling ridiculously high cut. Come on, who is this style meant to flatter? Certainly not me!

I think it is a waste to spend $20 on a t-shirt that you need to wear extra layers to feel comfortable. I think that any material that thin will most likely wear out faster than thicker material. So, explain to me why I must buy a shirt that is low-cut, paper thin, and has high-cut sleeves?

I refused to take part in this charade that promotes "style" and sacrifice my comfort.

So what did I do?

I marched over to the Men's section until I found the kiosks of graphic tees.

What a difference!

First off, the shirts were cool. Who doesn't love Marvel Comics and all their awesome heroes?

Second, the sleeve lengths were not only flattering, but they were slightly baggy too.

The necklines covered me, but they were still stretchy.

Best part? I'm a Small in Men's sizing.

No, wait. Best part is that they were $10 each.

I definitely think that I will be purchasing my t-shirts from the Men's department from now on.

Take that fashion industry!

No comments:

Post a Comment