Thursday, August 14, 2014

When Inspiration Strikes...

...all I can do is run with it.

Honestly, I dealt with writer's block for so long that whenever any kind of idea pops into my head I have to jot it down. When something happens that I need to deal with, I write about it. Not only does it help me work through my issues, it makes for a great story.

Not gonna lie, I've been going through some things for the last little while, and talking about it with my therapist doesn't always make it feel better. I guess my philosophy has evolved into "I can't stop what is happening, so I might as well write it down." It's an amazing way to heal some of the scars of the past.

Anyway, back to lately. I won't go into detail, but out of nowhere I was inspired to start my next novel. The more I seem to get stuck in the issues plaguing me, the better and better the outline gets. I guess my emotional suffering is not all for nothing.

Oh well, from the mud can grow flowers. You just have to run with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment