Monday, August 4, 2014

Missing Tyler

I don't write a whole lot about my youngest brother, or either of my brothers for that matter! But as of lately, I've spent a decent amount of time thinking about Tyler.

Tyler is 20 years old and the youngest of the Larsen trio. He is quite wonderful, and as much as I would like to take credit for how wonderful he really is, he is wonderful because of his own choices.

Right now, Tyler has been serving an LDS mission in Madrid-Spain for 17 months. He is set to return in March 2015.

He has 7 months to go.

I miss him like crazy, but I didn't think I would at first.

We were never super close, if anything, he and our other brother were closer. Whatever, I guess that comes with the territory of being the only girl.

Anyway, right before he left, he decided that he wanted a closer relationship with me. I'm so grateful he came around! Ever since he left, we email every single week. His p-day has changed once or twice, but for the most part, I email him on Sunday afternoon, usually when I'm sitting in Sacrament, and he responds within 18hrs. He has never missed a week.

We're both thinking the same thing right now, he'll be back in seven months, he is more than 2/3 the way through his total mission.

Our correspondence is brief, but filled with quick little stories, photos, and soundbites. I still can't believe how much time has passed, I moved in with my roommates about a week after he left and I'm dumbfounded when I make the connection.

I think what I miss the most is being able to have a real conversation. Our emails are sweet, but so brief. It is impossible to have a real discussion. I wish I could talk to him, away from the family Skype sessions on Mother's Day and Christmas.

Dear Tyler, I miss you. I love you so much! Love, Linds

Only 33 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment