Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wildest Dream

I love the Temple.

I love the little old ladies that work in the temple too.

Its been almost three years since I went through and received my endowment, and now I have been asked to serve in the Salt Lake Temple as a temple worker.

Back in October, I started the interview process because I felt strongly about working in the temple. I met with the Bishop and the Stake President, and was told to wait for the phone call.

November began, and Salt Lake got a new Temple Presidency. I was informed that there might be a delay in the process, but to keep on it. That said, I got got caught up in my newest class that started around the same time, and put the thought on the back-burner.

The Winter holidays rolled around, and a friend of mine asked about the Temple. When I had no update for her, she strongly encouraged me to call the Temple and touch base. So, right after New Years, I called and found out my paperwork had gotten hung-up in the Stake President's office. A few more phone calls, and the Stake President told me everything was taken care of.

Then the Temple closed for a few weeks :(

Right before they reopened, I received my phone call to meet with the Temple President.

Since my meeting was at 7pm, Sam and I went to the Family History Library for awhile and then had dinner at City Creek. He went to do initiatories while I had my meeting, and we met up afterward.

I start working Saturday mornings in March!

Maybe in 50 years I'll be one of those little old temple ladies :)


No comments:

Post a Comment