Wednesday, December 9, 2015

26 yrs and Counting

Yesterday was the day I entered the world, 26 years ago.

Last year on my birthday I was with my eventual husband at our Ward Christmas Auction FHE. I picked him up and we headed to the activity, as friends. After all, we'd only gone on two dates. He wasn't my boyfriend or anything, but he was good company.

I had just finished my first semester of the MACL program, and my cohort brought a small birthday cake to class just for me. I celebrated my birthday by having a painting party at the Paint Mixer.

I still can't believe that was a year ago.

Here we are, married five months and still so happy just being around one another. How did I get so lucky?

We had dinner at my favorite restaurant with Meredith to celebrate, and I couldn't think of a better way to end my special day.

As I look back on this time last year, I can't believe that I missed the one thing I had been wishing for. Sam was in my life, and I was too chicken to let him play a larger role. Good thing I came to my sense five weeks later and took him off the market! Having him in my life is the best gift I've ever received.

Sam gave me these gorgeous rose gold flower earrings.


Tollhouse Pie, the signature dessert of The Dodo



Best birthday so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment