Friday, December 18, 2015

The Sam-Effect

Ever since Sam and I started dating, my grades have gotten better every semester. While I continue to work my butt off, I do give him some credit for helping me keep myself in check emotionally. Here is a timeline of graduate school compared to my time with him:


Fall 2014 (A, A, and B) We had our first date near the end of the semester.

Spring 2015 (A and A-) We became a couple a week after the semester began, and got engaged a week after the semester ended.

Summer 2015 (A and A) Wedding planning was in full-swing, and we got married 4 days after my final presentation.

Fall 2015 (A and A) Grades are officially in and we've been married just shy of 6 months.


We're happily looking toward the future (graduation, house-hunting, babies, etc.) and I'm back-flipping around campus because this semester was SO challenging. I've spent so many hours writing the first three chapters of my thesis, and I'm over the moon that now it's time to go into the field and conduct my own research.

I have so much to be grateful for, especially being so close to my Master's degree and having the most supportive husband ever!

So, if you want to improve your grades, I suggest having a Sam in your life (just remember that all Sam's are NOT created equal).

All hail the Sam-Effect (and hard work, don't forget that!).

No comments:

Post a Comment