Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Hanukkah

In addition to Christmas this year, I insisted we celebrate Hanukkah due to my Jewish roots and desire to teach our future kids about their heritage. This year, Hanukkah runs from December 6-14, and we decided that we would observe all eight nights, and do presents and other festivities on the 8th night.

Sam got handkerchiefs with 'S' embroidered on them, and I got some new socks :)

The Friday of Hanukkah (the 11th), we went to dinner with Bob & Lisa (who were in town for a quick visit) and my parents. It was my family birthday dinner, so I picked the Desert Edge Brewery (aka The Pub). It is my parents' special place because that's where they had their first date. Even Tyler managed to make it.





On Sunday, Mom and I went to the Hanukkah celebration at the Gallivan Center and then to see the lights on temple square. Rabbi Zippel was leading the festivities (he knew my Bubby, and even performed the services at her graveside), and wasting no time singing EVERYTHING as he lit the lights. It was a great party.




I'm so happy that Sam was willing to observe Hanukkah with me, it meant a lot to me. Maybe next year we will actually buy our own menorah (Target has them, btw).

As the year is drawing the a close, I realize that there is SO much positivity in my life, and I'm so grateful for all my many blessings. I truly believe that this next year will be even better. Although, I don't think much could top marrying the love of your life and writing the first 3 of 5 chapters of your Master's Thesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment