Thursday, December 8, 2016

The 27th Year

Today I turned 27!

I love my birthday, I often refer to it as Lindsey-Palooza. Sam wanted to celebrate by going to my favorite restaurant (The Dodo), but in the end we decided on takeout from Cafe Rio and a movie night of my choice.

As I drove home today, I pondered why my birthday meant so much to me.

Love.

It's the one day out of the year where friends and family shower me with love.

I love my birthday because everyone always makes me feel so special. Everyone I know spends at least a minute thinking about and acknowledging my special day.

I definitely felt the love today.

My sweet husband sent me a text last night, being the first to wish me happy birthday. My parents texted me around 6:30AM, followed by my in-laws shortly thereafter.

Many coworkers and several children wished me happy birthday. I got a special signed handmade card from the Special Ed class as well.

The kids FaceTimed me and had sent me photos of the birthday card that is in the mail.

I received a few sweet presents as well: a pink and gold Fitbit Alta and sparkly earrings from Sam, a few pieces of Christmas decor from my pals at work, fuzzy christmas socks from Mere, and some beautiful lounge socks from Tyler and Lorena.

I had a great birthday. It was a wonderful day to start being 27. I have my husband, my puppy, my friends, my work, and my loving family.

Happy Lindsey-Palooza!

No comments:

Post a Comment