Thursday, December 29, 2016

Injured and Inspired

We were lucky and got another white Christmas in Salt Lake this year, amounting to about 12 inches of beautiful white freezing holiday symbolism. I'm amazed, mostly because it literally appeared overnight. What an amazing surprise on Christmas morning!

Anyway, with snowfall comes great responsibility to shovel it off of sidewalks, driveways, and large steel locomotives. Being the ambitious freak I am, I tackled the driveway in addition to the walkway inside our front yard. This was all fine and dandy, until I came inside and felt a sharp pain on my left side. Long story short, I had sprain strained my left hip flexor area. It also didn't help that I went bowling the day after I shoveled, and shoveled again after returning from my bowling adventure. Shame on me, I know, but I guess there are some things I am destined to learn about the hard way.

Being the amazing husband he is, Sam finally convinced me to go to the chiropractor today. I enjoyed it very much, especially being told that my original diagnosis was accurate ;)

So there's the injured part, now for the inspirational part.

My wonderful friend Scoshi gave me a watercolor set for Christmas, which will give me the opportunity to expand on my acrylic skills. Her only condition for this lovely present was that I was to make her a picture (duh!). I had a dilemma though, because Scoshi is such an incredibly unique individual, choosing just one idea to paint for her has been quite a challenge. I was stuck in my own brain, so I turned to Pinterest and stumbled upon some pretty exciting concepts.

Of course this search for inspiration spilled over into my own interests. This search only furthered my obsession with Paris and butterflies; I am legitimately concerned that I will run out of wall space to display all of these ideas. Here is one that caught my eye:

Watercolor Architectues by Maja Wronska
Photo courtesy of cured.com

I'm so inspired! Good thing I have another week of break to continue excising my creative brain muscles and make beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment