Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love Christmas, but not for reasons most children do. One could argue that I love Christmas because of the gifts I receive, or because of all the baked goods (and they'd only be half right).

I love Christmas because of what it means to me. To me, Christmas means family is around for holiday gatherings, warming the house with smells of freshly baked cookies, listening to Christmas music (starting December 1 because otherwise I'm sick of it before Christmas Day), cheesy Hallmark movies, a break from working, and service.

This Christmas season, I am overwhelmed with gratitude.

I have a family that doubled 18 months ago, and continued to grow this year as I got two new sisters-in-law and a puppy.

I have a new job where I am blessed with a great new group of friends, and I continue to learn and grow as a public education crusader.

We have a permanent home that we are making more beautiful every day.

I feel so very blessed for all of the little things that enrich my life on a daily basis.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year to be reminded of that every day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment