Tuesday, February 14, 2017

RootsTech

We decided to check out the RootsTech convention this year so learn a little bit more about how to do better family history research. My unspoken intention was to figure out how to find more information about my great-great grandparents from Romania.

We headed down to the Salt Palace on Saturday afternoon for the opening session, and we got to hear words from President and Sister Nelson. I loved their talk, especially the part where Sister Nelson said, "I do everything I can, and then I move on."

But my great-great grandparents are something that I don't think I can move on from. I feel like when my Bubby died, all of the family history died with her. I refuse to let this be the ending to that story, so I will post more information after I figure it out!



We waited in line for one of the exhibits that featured fancy cakes. I kid you not, we waited almost 20 minutes, but I think it was worth the wait. See a compilation collage of the ones I liked the most below. The 3 little pigs cake, the crayon cake, and the Muppet Christmas Carol cake were our most favorite ones. I almost wish Sam liked birthday cake so I could attempt to make something cool, sadly he is a pie guy, hands down.


We enjoyed RootsTech, maybe we will want to go again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment