Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Weekending

My weekend adventures were quite stellar. It all began when I texted Meredith to see how she was. I hadn't seen her in forever, and we set up a Friday dinner date for us and our spouses. Mere made yummy chicken tacos, and I made s'mores brownies for dessert. I was trying something new, and all I did was pour the batter into the pan, layer in some graham crackers, and top with marshmallows and chocolate chips. It was a successful endeavor, and after we finished half the pan we played Ticket to Ride (I won!).

It was a wonderful double date, we love our friends and we certainly enjoyed their company on Friday night. I guess I never realized how easy it is to lose track of friends if you don't see each other every day, but I'm glad we are working to maintain our connection.

While I was making the brownies for our meal, I used the last bit of greek yogurt in the batter, so I gave Princess the container to lick clean. She accepted the job.





Saturday morning was our temple date! We pulled into the Oquirh Mountain Temple parking lot, and realized that the temple was closed. Boy did we feel silly. Anyway, we quickly turned on the GPS and heading southeast to the Draper Temple. We were able to get about 10 sealing ordinances done, which is fantastic because we still have so many ordinances to perform.

After the temple, we headed to the grocery store to do our weekly shopping. We were scheduled to bring dinner for the Jensens on Sunday, and we had a few more things to pick up.

Then I went off to meet my mom and cousin Greg for lunch downtown. I met up with them at Grandpa's, and then we went to Chuck o'Rama.


Then we had our soccer game against the team that completely annihilated us last time. I got hit several times (again!), but this time we beat them by one point instead of losing by half the points.

Overall, I'd say it was a pretty good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment