Friday, February 17, 2017

VDay 2017

This year marks three years that Sam has been my valentine. But I am not really a fan of Valentine's Day, so it isn't exactly a happy day for me. Perhaps it stems from always feeling lonely when I was a kid, February 14 was always a day where other children were forced to be fake nice to me and give me pity cards. I knew for a fact that the other kids didn't like me, so the whole ordeal of Vday was just very disingenuous.

Regardless, I love having Sam as my 'person' to push through the days that I don't like. Good thing Sam and I both love Independence Day (fireworks, bbq's, and popsicles), so we don't feel the need to make a huge fuss about a day neither of us really cares about.

We thoroughly enjoyed our heart-shaped pizza, and then we watched a new episode of Studio C. Like  I said, low-key Valentine's day is fine with me.

I was showered with some pretty sweet swag from my peeps at school. You know, that's one thing that I never really expected to work at an elementary school: holiday treats galore!

I guess next year I need to step up my game and bring the treats in order to showcase my great appreciation for those around me at school.

Anyway, to say I felt the love would be an understatement. I totally felt the love! Maybe I should reconsider my feelings toward this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment