Sunday, February 12, 2017

#TakeBackTheMorning

I was seriously consumed by the winter blues this season. After I got hurt during Christmas I spiraled a bit. No motivation, my time felt like it had no value, and my self-care sucked. I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative. It was so cold outside that I just wanted to wear my sweats all day, and changing my clothes became a dreaded chore. Then Sam went back to work and I stayed home alone. I was depressed. Then school started again, and I was psyched to get back to work.

Unfortunately, it didn't help me.

I was stuck.

My proverbial bucket was empty.

I had nothing to give myself.

Boo.

A week ago today, we were sitting in Sacrament and I was journaling. I was suddenly overcome with determination. I was not going to let this change me for the worst.

I took a hard look at why I was so unhappy.

Every problem started with first thing in the morning. I was unmotivated to get out of bed and exercise. I kept hitting the snooze button, until I finally just changed my alarm to go off 30 minutes later.

Sam could tell I was struggling. He tried to be supportive by always asking me about workouts, but he seemed surprised when I told him that I hadn't done a workout. He did so much to help me bounce back, but alas, his encouraging words fell on my deaf ears.

Anyway, I decided to do a round of the 21-day fix to kick me out of my depression. Last Monday was my test of motivation. The alarm beeped at 5:15am, and I was off like a rocket!

I had set up my workout clothes and the exercise space, I packed my lunch the night before, and I'd already picked out my outfit for work.

My workout was rough, I had few modifications, and then I rewarded myself with a nice hot shower.

I hadn't even left the house when I noticed an amazing change in my mood.

I woke Sam up to have scripture study, and quickly packed my healthy lunch in my lunch box.

As I made my way throughout the day, I could feel the joy creeping back into my system. I was finally starting to feel happy again.

I've felt myself grow so much in the last week.

I'm proud of myself for taking back my mornings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment