Thursday, March 16, 2017

my love affair with the mountains

Lately, I've been in love with the mountains. It all started in January when I drove to work the first day after the inversion had disappeared due to a recent snowstorm. I'm very fortunate to have a decent commute to work everyday, I spend almost exactly 20 minutes from driveway to parking spot.

So anyway, I drive east on 4100 South every day, and for the first time in weeks I could see all the way to the mountains. The view was so clear and breathtaking, I was amazed that I drove this route every single day since September and never noticed this.

It gets better! Driving home west on 4100 South, I saw the other mountains playing with the sunlight. Ever since that day, I have been in love with the Utah mountains. I shared my thoughts with Sam, who reminded me how lucky we are that the house that was already perfect for us continues to surprise us with other amazing benefits.

This is what I see when I look across the street




Some shots along Bangerter


This love affair has inspired a project called #BeautifulBackgrounds where Sam and I will go out of our way to document all of the beautiful backgrounds we come across in our married adventures.

Here's the first one, Sam at the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

This is going to be fun, but it is also my way of stopping to smell the roses and enjoy the beauty around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment