Friday, February 9, 2018

"Shot through the heart...

...you give love a bad name!"

Actually, it was his legs and not his heart, and Charlie got three of them yesterday. I got him his shots because I love him and want to best prevent against some serious illness.

He did great at his check-up; at nine weeks he is almost three pounds up from his birth weight and has grown 3.5 inches.

After he smiled and cooed for the nurse, he impressed the doctor with everything else!

Then it was time for his shots.

I am fully onboard with vaccinating children, yet that didn't stop me from feeling terrible when he started screaming.

He slept for 4hrs, which is not standard for him, and then he fussed most of the afternoon. When it came time for bed, he just wanted to be held.

Finally, I just let him sleep on my chest all night long. It doesn't help that I've been having hormone-induced nightmares and kept finding myself in dream-limbo on several occasions. I mean, there were at least three times where I was obviously aware that I was dreaming but unable to wake up.

I had dreams like this during my pregnancy, but now they are much more traumatic and I wake up feeling the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

While the baby seemed to make it through the night fine enough, I had my own struggles.

So far today, he wants to sleep. I have a feeling I will be waking him in order to feed him (also unusual for him). I hope he bounces back sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. Please comment and follow my blog https://mrynncrrn.blogspot.com Thanks.

    ReplyDelete