Saturday, August 25, 2018

Miracle

I remember that first weekend after Charlie was born. I was exhausted, physically sore, and my hormones were a mess. I remember the slew of family members who came to visit while we were at the hospital and when we came home.

Tyler and Lorena came to visit the Sunday after we got home from the hospital. I remember how they nonchalantly delivered the news that they were going to have a baby. It all seemed so surreal at the time. My kid brother, a dad? Sure, all right.

As I watched my own baby grow, I watched Lorena's belly grow.

My nephew decided that he was in no rush to vacate his baby-cave, so they evicted him at 41 weeks and 3 days.

Khal James Larsen was born on Monday August 14.

I examined him closely, scanning for similarities between he and Charlie. Regardless of what I was looking for, I can tell you exactly what I saw.

A beautiful little miracle.

I can't believe my baby brother is a dad!







No comments:

Post a Comment