Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Then and Now

Two years ago, I was doing exactly what I am doing now.

It was my first year as an elementary school secretary. Now it's my first year at a new school in a new district.

It is just as overwhelming as it was then, only now I have the confidence. I know how to run an elementary school. I understand systems, policy, program nuance, etc. I get the financial element, the student interaction, and the teacher liason-ing.

Going to my new school was unexpected.

I didn't think I would continue to be an elementary school secretary. I thought for sure I would end up back in higher education.

I followed my principal, also something I didn't anticipate.

But each day, as I sort through the chaos that is this new office, I feel like I ended up where I need to be.

It's amazing the difference two years can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment