Sunday, August 21, 2011

DC Adventures: Week 1

All right, so I made it to Washington DC alive. The apartment is pretty awesome, as are my three wonderful roommates: Chrisella, Ashley, and Talisha. After we had all arrived, we walked to the grocery store (the boys who had lived in our apartment last semester left us a large supply of Ramen and hot pockets, but what sane girl trying to lose weight and get in shape is honesty going to live on those all semester?) where I got a variety of new healthy foods : Almond milk, Greek yogurt, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, oatmeal, honey-wheat bread. I'm fairly certain that a diet like this paired with working out every night will help me lose that 15lbs that I acquired when I first moved out of parents' house last June.

After shopping, we returned and crashed (at least I did, only after watching The Glee Project once more before tonight's finale).

Mine and Chrisella's room, her side on the left, mine on the right. 
We both have green, blue, and black bedding :) 

 My side of our HUGE closet!

 Our living room, complete with flatscreen and XBOX.

 The view from our living room window.

Our beautiful kitchen, and Chrisella making yummy strawberry pancakes!

As I was unpacking all my clothes, it dawned on me. I'm all grown up, moved out of Utah, and working full-time. It truly is everything I always wanted (despite the whole 'being away from the little cousins part of the story). I'm very excited to see all of the other interns at our potato potluck tonight, and even more excited to start my internship tomorrow morning. Keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment