Tuesday, August 23, 2011

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

Oh my goodness.

I can't believe there was an earthquake on my second day at work. So much for everything being downhill from here ;)

I had just finished walking to my supervisor's office for a meeting, and after a few seconds of chatting the shaking began. It was surreal. I still feel like everything is moving side to side. Apparently it was a 5.9, which according to wikipedia.org is a moderate earthquake/boarder line strong earthquake, and there are approximately 801 per year.

As a result, we evacuated, and ultimately decided not to go back to the 8th floor of the building.

As I exited to Metro to come to the apartment, I saw a bunch of school-kids in their uniforms on the sidewalk. Whether they were evacuating or simply out of school is still unknown to me.

Nevertheless, I called my dad to inform him of my wherabouts and let him now that I am fine. And to all my Utah readers, that earthquake safety stuff that they taught us every single year could possibly safe your life one day ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment