Sunday, October 2, 2011

Obsession: The Addams Family Musical

Okay, so immediately following my first Theater Singing class with Ian D, The Addams Family Musical premiered on Broadway.


I downloaded the soundtrack just because it sounded interesting, and, sadly, I didn't fall in love with it.
However, it has become one of my main musical squeezes out here when I ride the Metro. Because of this, I am now determined to hop a bus to New York and see it at the Lunt Fontane theatre at some point in time this month (October, Halloween, etc). When I do this, I plan on waiting outside the back entrance to convince Brooke Sheilds (who is currently playing Morticia) to sign a playbill for Ian D. I have made this a mission, now all I need to do is pick a date and swipe my credit card.

I will say that I am aprehensive about traveling to New York alone, but I honestly believe that this endeavor would be one worthwhile.
For your entertainment, below is a performance of the show's opening number.


I will complete this mission, if not for me, then for Ian D!

No comments:

Post a Comment